Congratulations to several of our former students!! One took an elk at 617m. The other took a beautiful moose at 930m. Both made vital area hits for humane kills on the first round.
Long Range Shooting Classes
"I signed up for the Challenger Long Range Rifle Class with Mike and right off the bat quickly realized he knows what he's talking about am very happy with the class and results. Once we got to the site he systematically went through all the gear and factors that need to be considered for a long range shot including my rifle which we found did not have the scope mounted properly. After he properly remounted my scope we started shooting and by the end of the day I was consistently hitting targets over 1000 yrds. I can assure you I won't miss again on the goat of a lifetime." - GT
Our main instructor has had such serious assignments as protecting international dignitaries at home and abroad.
Most importantly our instructors have extensive experience training civilians, Law Enforcement, military special and general forces.
Courses are conducted in a fun, relaxed, safe environment and focus on success. Perimeters set out in the class outlines depend on the abilities of the students attending; and if a class progresses quickly you will have the opportunity to shoot out to distances beyond 1000m.
RangeTech can build precision rifle courses suited for your needs. Combining the experience of our Survival Instructor and our Long Range Instructors we can build courses for anyone including those who face life with certain physical limitations. Please call ahead to discuss details.
Check out our full selection of classes listed below.
Contact us via our contact page to inquire about booking a class.
**For a minimum of four people we will travel within southern British Columbia to teach classes. Non refundable deposit required.
**If you are an active duty member of the Canadian Forces please contact us via email for course pricing. We support our troops.
**Payment portal is at the bottom of the page.
Challenger Long Range Rifle class
$683.CAD / $625.USD
-Price is per student, Maximum Four students per class
-One day intro. class.
Course Material includes:
- Prone shooting
- Use of a MIL/MIL, MOA/MOA, MIL/MOA, FFP, SFP, Rifle Scopes
- Rifle set up and chronograph data.
- Breathing and fundamentals of long range shooting "Fire C.A.R.D." -Long for range for dummies
- Reading wind and accounting for conditions.
- Shooter/Spotter communications
- Basic Ballistics and selecting a cartridge for your specific needs-avoiding the hype.
- Use of a ballistics computer
- Rifle Maintenance
- Selecting basic equipment
Students are expected to provide 100 rds of precision ammo and a rifle capable of shooting sub MOA **Equipment lists vary according to season and will be provided once a student has paid their deposit. All students in the challenger level course receive a waterproof notebook that is theirs to keep. Please Note: Rental Rifles equipped with terminator Muzzle brakesand ammo are available for a fee
ADVANCED CLASS $1335CAD / $1100USD
-Price is per student, maximum 4 students per class. 2-3 Instructors per class.
This is a very extensive course which combines advanced positional shooting with aspects of reloading and ultra distance shooting. Our main instructor was making 1 mile shots with a .308 before there was ever a ballistic computer. Besides a decade of experience our secondary instructor has an extensive knowledge of modern ballistic solvers and long range equipment available to civilians. We will also discuss new methods for solving difficult wind in difficult steep terrain.
-Two day class
- High Angle Shooting level A
- Positional Shooting level A
- Advance theory of ballistics
- Extended Long Range Shooting 1200-2000+ meters
- Unknown Multiple Distance Shoot
- Shooting in challenging terrain.
- Reloading for maximum accuracy.
- Forster Reloading Equipment will be on hand for the reloading portion of these classes.
- 10-11 hour days, not including travel time.
**This class requires a different set of equipment from our Challenger class so a detailed list will be sent out upon booking.
This class is very intensive in subject material so expect two very long but very enjoyable days.
*** We tailor to your needs in this class; so whether you want the class more focused on extreme long range, or reloading, or positional shooting, or hunting, we've got you covered and will customize to your needs.
These classes will ultimately lead to you saving money on bad purchases or missed shots.
NEW!!! ULTRA-COURSE -Shooting, Field-Craft, Field Craft and Shooting challenges...
$1575.CAD $1500.00 USD
Long distance hunters need to know a host of different skills in order to succeed on extremely expensive fly in and international hunts. Being undetected by your prize animal and filling the freezer can be more successful with proper hunting and stalking skills in your tool box. Hunter/sniper stalking skills are available to those that would like to further challenge their bush skills, observation skills, and their Ghillie Suit performance after successfully completely our Advanced course.
Course layout: After an introduction and "classroom" learning period students will move to an area where they will test the skills that they've learned in a fun but challenging environment. This next section of the class consists of self guided orienting to a fixed location where the "shooter teams" will need to identify symbols on signs that are only visible from the preset location. Teams will need to move into position without being spotted by the opposing team with their instructor. (Non- Live fire)
Students will then compete in a course section meant to test their target acquirement, communication, and ranging skills under a timed limit. Students will be brought to a designated spot where they will have a set time limit to acquire targets, draft range cards, find firing solutions, and engage targets out to 1200 meters. Targets will be placed in a variety of spots that may or may not allow for misses to be seen requiring that the shooter and spotter be absolutely correct in everything they do.(Live fire exercise)
Students will also have the opportunity to practice memory games in combination with finding those materials hidden on a range. Expect to get dirty. :)
At the end of the class students will be given their overall course score marked on bushcraft, shooting, targets successfully engaged, memory games, communication errors, etc.. The most successful student will receive an Eberlestock backpack and another prize to be decided later, I.E. TriggerTech, Hog Saddle...
- Map and compass Navigation
- Advanced Shooter/Spotter Communications
- Bush Craft-making the most of what you have.
- Setting up a Ghillie suit to match terrain
- Identifying targets
** Note: Some portions of this course are non shooting class and all firearms will be disabled by the instructors prior to the portion beginning.
**There is a minimum equipment list for this course. Please contact for further info..
1. All courses require a minimum (non-refundable)deposit of 50% of course costs and full payment 10 days before courses commence.
2. Courses will always carry on unless extreme weather moves in and limits visibility; in which case the course will be re-scheduled on the next available date.
3. Student accepts that weather, natural disaster, and unforeseen circumstances can interrupt classes; unless otherwise discussed ahead of time course fees will not be refunded and courses will be re-scheduled at the earliest convenience.
4. If you need to re-schedule your class there is a minimum 14 day re-booking period.
*Courses do not include ammo and you will need to bring 100 rounds of precision ammo per day.
* Courses are held in mountainous terrain and attending class with appropriate clothing for all weather conditions is a must.
5. We incur costs in arranging each and every one of our classes and as a result we do not refund course deposits but we do accept transfers and will do our best to help you find another person to attend in your place or arrange for a later class date for you if you can't attend.
Advanced Class Level A Civilian/Hunter
$ 1100 USD
Two day advanced course. Price per student. Courses are available in Canada according to the posted schedule or in Idaho by reservation. Please contact us through the contact page to discuss dates and needs.
$ 625 USD
Intro to long range course with a focus on prone shooting, equipment selection, and shooting out to 1000 Yards. **Please contact us though our contact page to discuss which date works for you prior to making your payment. ***Includes rental rifle -$75 if you have a rifle matching the course requirements. $75 will be refunded after the course if your rifle meets course requirements.
Rifle Rental 1 Day .308
$ 89 USD
Rifle rental for Challenge 1 Day Course **Does not include ammo
Rifle Rental 2 Days
$ 165 USD
Rifle rental for ADVANCED COOURSE .308, 6.5 Creedmoor, .338LM options **DOES NOT INCLUDE AMMO
NEW!!! ULTRA COURSE for previous Advanced students
$ 1500.00 USD
Our latest most Advanced course with loads of new information on Fieldcraft, advanced communications, and team challenge events which are scored.
If you'd like to attend our class, or have a friend that would like to, but don't have the necessary equipment, we have Terminator equipped rifles available for rent during class time.
Rifles start at $125.CAD /$89USD per first day, $200CAD / $165USD, per two day course.
Match grade factory ammo must be provided by student unless prior arrangements are made.
**There is a damage deposit required and students accept responsibility for damages that they incur to said rental equipment.